Admittedly, my knowledge is limited. However, I don’t like the idea. Perhaps I should not care are the reasons behind a Dom/me’s motivation, but I do.
I do not believe anyone (…except myself…) is worse or better than anyone else. I do not believe women are less than men. I do not believe women should be subservient or men must be dominant. I believe there are differences between genders which may predispose someone to certain roles, for example, caregiving. However, I do not think that means anyone is relegated to a certain position. Women do not have to be stay at home mothers, women do not even have to be mothers, and men can make great stay at home dads! I believe submission is right for me. I do not think it is right for all women, nor do I think it is wrong for a man to be submissive.
With this in mind, CDD bothers me because proponents teach that God gives men the right and obligation to discipline and guide his wife. I do not believe any deity gives someone the right to dominant me. I submit because it feels right to me, not because I think God or the universe or society demands it. If I chose, I can submit to a woman and that makes me no less human. In fact, I would rather submit to a woman who earned my trust and devotion than a man who did not.
The idea that God gives someone the right to punish their spouse on the basis of gender or any other reason bothers me. No one has the right to do anything to me; they earn the right to hurt me and teach me because they prove themselves intelligent, trustworthy and caring.
I feel hypocritical vetting someone else’s motives, when I am not so sure my masochistic/submissive motives are pure, but CDD does not sit well with me.
Do you have thoughts about Christian Domestic Discipline or any type of religion-sanctified gender role?
- The facts Regarding Domestic Discipline (jolynnraymond.com)
- Wife Undermines Her Husband’s Authority in Front of Children, He Disciplines Her (spiritualsoundingboard.com)
- Submissive or Slave…What is the Difference? (cassandredayne.wordpress.com)
- “Spanking For Jesus”: Maybe Exodus International Can Save Women From Christian Domestic Discipline (mykeystrokes.com)
- What is domestic discipline (DD)? (Advent Calendar, Day 13) (jolynnraymond.com)
- Christian Domestic Discipline: Jesus-approved BDSM (lostateminor.com)
- Submissive Wives (holyhandgrenadephil.wordpress.com)
- Take Your Discipline Like a Champ! (margoblue.net)
- The Art of Communication in a D/s Relationship (cassandredayne.wordpress.com)