My RL experience with sensory deprivation is neutral. Although, the light hurt my eyes when I took the black-out mask off! I also experienced blindfolds and mummy bags, etc. However, in my fantasies, where reality is gleefully suspended, this is how I imagine sensory deprivation:
In case youtube takes it down:
While creating this video I realized I have no issue imagining a stranger injecting me with illicit drugs like LSD! This does not bother me because I know it is the type of fantasy that I enjoy thinking about, but would never enact in real life. At the same time, the violence in similar fantasies scares me. Perhaps it shouldn’t. If I can separate the drugs from RL, why can’t I separate the violence? If drugs don’t bother me, why should dangerous levels of violence bother me?
I think the difference is I would never mix mind altering chemicals and BDSM, whereas I often mix violence and BDSM. Therefore, one is completely out of the realm of possibility and the other is too close for comfort. Maybe I fear crossing the line of safe and sane with violence, but not drugs. As a result, it is easy to separate fantasies involving drugs, but violent fantasies cause cognitive dissonance because they are close to real life.
- Sensory Deprivation Chamber: Would You Get Into One? (whydontyoutrythis.com)
- The Flotation Tank: Sensory Deprivation Technology (healnowtherapyhypnosis.blogspot.com)
- The Cat started the topic Sensory Deprivation Experience in the forum Body (highexistence.com)
- Q: Ever done any sensory deprivation, and if so, how did it go? 😉 (kinkedux.wordpress.com)
- Sensory Deprivation (arkgoth.wordpress.com)
- A Journey Through The Innerverse : Me, Myself and I (n00133277.wordpress.com)
- The TV Weekly #71: A Tribute To Fringe (bashful269.wordpress.com)
- Fringe Week: One Year Retrospective Submissions (popculturenexus.com)
- The Practice of Floating (imaginealifetime.wordpress.com)