Usually, my resolutions involve grades or weight. This year I’m shying away from external measures of “success”.
My New Year’s Resolution: Accept myself (the limits of my IQ – potentially crushing 😦 – , struggles with mental illness – eating disorder, anxiety, depression – , kink, bisexuality, appearance, even *gasp* weight)
I need to come up with ways to facilitate this. I cannot remember a time I liked or accepted myself. So far, talking and blogging about my insecurities yields a surprising amount of revelations. I think it forces me to elaborate my thoughts to clarify them for others, exposing fallacies. It also helps limit rumination, which only perpetuates negative emotions and does not lead to solutions. However, I don’t know what else I can do to foster self-acceptance.
What things do you think I should do to encourage self-acceptance?
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions That Can Save Your Life (forbes.com)
- A Histrionic’s New Year’s Resolution (livingwithhistrionic.wordpress.com)
- Is Free Thinking A Mental Illness? (orwellwasright.co.uk)
- Is nonconformity and freethinking a mental illness? (wemustknow.wordpress.com)
- Are You Even Trying….. (cherished79.wordpress.com)
- Isolation & Intimacy in Kink (anonymouskinky.wordpress.com)
- Motivation: News From Your Inner Critic… (projecteve.com)
- Stories where the hard-charging protagonist is submissive or masochistic (ask.metafilter.com)
- Tips for Making (And Keeping) Resolutions this January (gcflearnfree.org)