More and more I think if it makes me happy, why shouldn’t I do it? Why should I care what other people think? Why should I care about the antecedents?
Perhaps it is true there are more dangerous people who are sadists or more mentally ill people who are masochists, but I also know here are amazing, compassionate, caring, intelligent people on both sides of the coin.
Yes, I have mental illnesses, they are part of who I am today. Even when I am in remission, they’ve shaped who I am. It is clear I function optimally when in a D/s relationship. The last time I remember liking my body and feeling confident since I was 9 years old was during a D/s relationship. Why should I give up that peace and security because of societal expectations?
Someone once told me even if I work through the antecedents, this will most likely always be with me. Why am I fighting so hard against part of myself? Why can’t I just accept it?
Mary Lambert ❤ makes me want to cry in a good way. “I only know how to exist when I am wanted.” 😦 FYI, I’m jealous of her girlfriend; she seems amazing!
Masochism does not have to be self-destructive. There may be an element of self-hate, but it is so much more than that.
- You Are Strong (matsrandomblogoflife.wordpress.com)
- Violence (ashtenmatthew.wordpress.com)
- Mary Lambert Performs ‘Same Love’ Live (ontopmag.com)
- 11 Body Image Heroes Of 2013 (wonderfultips.wordpress.com)
- Declaring Radical Self-Love and Authenticity: Andrea Gibson, Nicole Reynolds, and Mary Lambert in NYC (revisionistslc.com)
- Celebrity Spotlight: Mary Lambert (unitethefight.net)
- This Song Makes Me Proud to be Female (m2017357.wordpress.com)
- Mary Lambert (davidkanigan.com)